Considering an IPL photofacial to enhance your skin? You may be wondering how long this popular cosmetic treatment takes to show results. IPL photofacials repair sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines without surgery. We’ll discuss IPL photofacial healing and how long it takes to see results in this post.
Let’s find out how long IPL photofacial results take.
What is IPL Photofacial?
Skin texture and appearance can be improved with intense pulsed light treatment. To target specific colors in your skin, light energy is used during the process. The areas of your face, neck, and torso where sun damage has caused benign discolorations are where it works best.
Rosacea, birthmarks and freckles, acne scars, age spots, and other diseases that cause dark or red spots can all be effectively treated with the IPL Photofacial. Additionally, it can reduce or get rid of facial veins and large pores.
Your skin is gently warmed by the light energy to get rid of the undesirable cells that are discoloring it. Despite the fact that this is not painful, some of our customers find it unsettling. To reduce the pain, you can inquire about topical anesthetic creams.
How Long Does It Take to See Results From a Photofacial?
The severity of the skin disease being treated, the number of treatments required, and the patient’s skin type can all affect how a photofacial treatment turns out. In general, some individuals may observe a change in the appearance of their skin after the first treatment, such as less redness or dark spots.
But before you can fully appreciate the effects of a photofacial procedure, it typically takes a few weeks or even months.
This is due to the fact that the treatment works by accelerating the skin’s slow, natural healing process and collagen formation.
To get the best results, the majority of individuals will require three to five photofacial treatments, spaced about three to four weeks apart. The full effects of the treatment might not become visible for up to six months as the skin continues to heal and regenerate.
After Care of IPL Photofacial
After an IPL photofacial treatment, it’s important to take proper care of your skin to ensure the best possible results and avoid any complications. Here are some general aftercare instructions to follow:
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours after treatment. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher before you go outside.
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, and hot tubs for 24-48 hours after treatment. Stick to lukewarm water instead.
- For at least a week after treatment, don’t use anything that could hurt your skin, like exfoliants, retinoids, and alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Avoid picking or scratching at the treated area, as this can lead to scarring or infection.
- Keep your skin moisturized to promote healing and reduce dryness or flakiness.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that may irritate the treated area.
- Do not use any self-tanning products on the treated area for at least one week after treatment.
- If you experience any discomfort or swelling, apply a cold compress to the area.
It’s important to carefully follow these aftercare instructions to get the best results and avoid any problems that might come up. If you have any concerns or questions about your aftercare, be sure to speak with your dermatologist or aesthetician.
Uncover smoother, clearer, and younger-looking skin with the help of our advanced IPL photofacial technology.
Don’t let hyperpigmentation, redness, or broken blood vessels hold you back. Refresh and renew your skin’s texture and tone with the non-invasive and gentle IPL Photofacial treatment.
Start loving your skin & start your skincare journey with Eve Therapy! – Book Now!